According to a survey on us-reviews.com, it has been shown that only 20% of those who lose weight on a diet manage to maintain their weight in the long run. The other 80% gain weight again, sometimes gaining even more pounds than they manage to eliminate during the diet.

One of the major factors that contribute to weight gain is the fact that your metabolism slows down with age, so if you keep the same eating habits as a teenager, you will gain weight. Therefore, unfortunately, to maintain yourself, as you get older, more effort is needed.

How to maintain your weight

It’s not easy to lose weight to reach the desired weight, but it’s so frustrating when you lose the extra pounds, and they come back! Here’s what you can do to stay on track. If you can’t do it yourself, you can turn to a nutritionist who will generate light diets based on your needs. Firstly, you should see healthy dieting companies’ reviews, to be sure that you choose a diet or a nutritionist who will help you keep your weight simple, without drastic diets.

Make the transition to regular eating gradually, not suddenly

If during the diet you restricted the caloric intake, after the diet it is recommended to gradually return to the number of calories recommended for your weight and age. It is advisable not to exceed the caloric intake by more than 200 calories per week.

Keep eating healthy

Maintaining weight is a long-term challenge, and healthy eating habits are what will help you win this fight. Eat as healthy food as possible, steamed, boiled, or grilled, never fried, hydrate properly, and do not forget about healthy snacks between meals.

Practice sports regularly

Ideally, you should practice sports every day, but you can limit yourself to 5 days a week if the program does not allow you to dedicate more time to sports activities. The sport will burn extra calories, but it will also speed up your metabolism.

Once you have lost weight, your body burns fewer calories than when you weighed more. Exercise plays an important role in burning calories, helping you maintain your weight.

Weigh yourself regularly!

Weight monitoring will also contribute to your weight maintenance efforts. It is important not to turn this habit into an obsession. According to studies, people who weigh themselves periodically consume up to 300 fewer calories.

How often do you weigh your decision? It is important to do it regularly. It will help you monitor your progress or regression and encourage you to change your eating habits when needed.

Enough sleep

Research shows that if a person sleeps too little or too much, the risk of heart disease or metabolic syndrome (also known as insulin resistance syndrome), which is usually followed by diabetes, increases.

During the recommended 7-8 hours of sleep, the body produces enough leptin, a hormone responsible for controlling hunger, and, therefore, an imbalance in sleep can make you eat more.

Most people who have been on a diet at least once, succeeding in losing weight, know that one of the hardest parts of a diet is that after the end of the diet they manage to maintain their ideal weight.